Pages

Tuesday 31 August 2010

Collecting Doilies


I have been collecting crochet and embroidered doilies now for the past three weeks and have managed to get 26 doilies, 3 aprons and two table cloths. They are all so vintage and very pretty as you can see by the photos, I have a craft plan which i will hopefully share very soon just need to find about another 50 doilies. So hopefully I will be able to find some more at garage sales and collectors markets this weekend in Geraldton, WA.







What I love the most about the doilies is that they are hand made and every one would have taken time and love to make. Each time I am lucky enough to find one I just wonder who made them and where would they have been placed in the home, maybe a side board or a dressing table.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

They are beautiful! I love the one with the little bird :) x