Pages

Wednesday 15 July 2009

My Butterfly Wedding

As you may have noticed from my website and my greeting cards that I like butterflies. Whilst looking for photos to print out for some frames at home I found these of my wedding which had a butterfly theme too.

The ceiling of my marque for my wedding was subtly decorated in Cavania butterflys.
Cupcakes I was making at midnight on the eve of my wedding for the children attending.
I made all the hair pieces for the bridesmaids, both the Mum's and my tiara just a couple of days before the wedding. This was Faye's head piece.
Chocolate butterflies that I ribbon tied and added names on paper petals for all the place settings. I kept ours I couldn't bring myself to eat them, although Faye's didn't make it to the end of the day.
We even had butterfly stubby holders for the beers to keep them cool, an Australian must on a hot day. It will be four years since we got married next month. Wow how time does fly, and still madly in Love with my hubby.

2 comments:

debra@dustjacket said...

Isn't that first photo great, lovely set up.

Vintage to Victorian said...

Do have a look at my blogposts for early May 2007 - my daughter's wedding! You might enjoy the butterflies in the marquee! Her 6'4" husband to be and the best man (all 6'7" of him, threaded them onto fishing line and then decorated the marquee ... without a single complaint!!!!

Thanks for your comment on my blog.

Sue